With the advent of 2021, new innovations are already being announced for underwater drones. This is good news for water ROVs enthusiasts.
2 new underwater drones were announced for 2021: Genneino with its T1 Pro and Chasing with its M2 Pro.
Keep reading below for more details!
Geneinno T1 Pro:
Chinese company Geneinno has announced an updated version of the underwater drone T1.
The T1 Pro is aimed at professionals. For instance, it can be used for deep ocean exploration, underwater aquaculture, water quality monitoring as claimed by Geneinno. The device is priced at $2,999 for the version with 150 meters tether, and at $3,299 for the 200 meters tether.
Compared to its older brother the T1, The Geneinno T1 Pro has the following updates:
- Updated battery life of 8 hours
- Max dive depth to 175m/ 574ft
- Lateral thruster for 6 degrees of freedom movement, which gives better maneuverability
- 12 MP 4 K camera, 160° Field of view, Electronic image stabilization. An additional camera module can be placed on bottom of drone to observe bottom field
- 9000 lumens LED
- Sonar with 360°, can be equipped with third party sonar scanner
- Water quality detector: Instant reading of water pH, dissolved oxygen, ammonia nitrogen, water conductive
- Laser scaler for measuring sea creatures or objects dimensions from a distance
- Upgraded robotic arm with various claw kits
Chasing M2 Pro:
In response to its competitor Geneinno, Chasing Innovation have made a big update to its Chasing M2. The new Chasing M2 Pro, as its name indicates, is designed for professional applications, while having a relatively affordable price for its target market. In fact, the drone’s base price is expected to be around $5k-$6k. This is quite impressive considering the price tags of the European and North American professional ROVs, as well as the technology it comes equipped with.
According to Chasing in its introductory video, M2 Pro key features are the following:
- Increased speed output: Stronger Power, 4 Knots Speed
- Maximum Dive Depth 150 Meters (490 FT)
- Unlimited Battery Life with AC Power Supply
- 700Wh Battery, 5 Hours Battery Life
- USBL (Ultra short baseline) Underwater Positioning system for underwater navigation
- Multibeam Sonar Large area scanning imaging
- 4K video recording and Electronic Image Stabilization, F1.8 Aperture
- Improved modularity with more accessories and sensors